daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

So I could get cut off at any time by Wifey, but it's a small lull in my May before the next major run of hurdles which are popping up soon.

There is yet hope in comics, somehow--I've been reading New Frontier which is great for the most part despite some bright-eyed naivete about the sixties. But there's also Deadworld which has none of the grayscale but even more energy than Walking Dead. Now there's a genre I can salivate over... I'm more looking forward to Land of the Dead than most anything else this summer.

But I do feel reenergized today despite substantial additional burdens and this is mostly because I actually let myself sleep in today under the unheard-of hour of 0730 after passing rather early last night after a shinai men-kicking. And it feels good to be so rested, despite my sporadic scratchiness of throat.