daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, May 22, 2005

So I've missed a number of days since I've posted, and in that time I've had my review which was not as nice as it could have been--although they were all rather happy with my plan to topple Algebra, there was no real talk about truly alternative pedagogy or anythng like that--it was just more of the same, and I was more interested in self-preservation than proselytizing. More of the latter is necessary.

Since then, I've been tired--tired in the way of relief after an ordeal--when all the air goes out of your balloon, and in which I've just been sleeping like there's no tomorrow, sluggish at work, and none too eager to go back--these projects have worn me out.

Today, at least, was nicer than the last two schooldays of sleepwalking and half-assed teaching, including a benches-clearing ethnic war Thursday. The brother was in town and up to not very much good, and we ended up doing the usual shopping tour before ending up at kenka with rob chin at 6 and me drunk and at home with wifey by nine. Four beers to the wind, and the heavens opening up with rain--not a bad way to waste a Saturday.