daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

So my zekken finally came in today, which is the closest I can get to 8-month anniversary. Too bad I sucked in jigeiko and was going forward about as well as Bush's Social Security plan. The kanji font is nice and cursivey but feels a little small, I think.

Today I was administering the NYSESLAT speaking section without even a spoon full of sugar. It was hard not to crack up when students were supposed to respond to prompts such as "Your phone is ringing" "Thank you." "Did you get a haircut?" "No." "I'm sorry, I picked up your book by mistake." "You can have it." "What are your plans after graduation?" "Going to party." Sigh. I forget how overqualified I am sometimes.