daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, June 12, 2005

So I've really fallen off of this blog-horse, which is unfortunate and a deeper problem than my early-morning pre-kendo post can possibly remedy. My dreams of late have been centered on 8% dips in the DJIA and not being on time with various things which I have needed to submit for work, including quite a thick sheaf of paperwork I have characteristically put off until this, the last minute. I am just tired and weary, to the point where Rob Chin notices it and wonders how I can still be tired on a weekend after a week in which I had a day off in the middle. I think my age is getting to me, that or my bitterness and anger of years past has transmuted into just weariness. I really just need a break and a step back, and I'm trying not to take too deeply to heart my para's heated claim that my students have taken away nothing from this year with me. I've actually thought that sometimes, but then again, it's hard building actual conceptual knowledge--I'm trying here to narrow the gaps, and if that means that Chinky McGee doesn't learn as much as she could, well, that's too bad.