daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, October 31, 2005

So has it already been a week? I don't know where this last week went, though it was nice to have a three-day keiko streak, with Sensei consistently letting practice run late in order to squeeze in more shiaigeiko. I really shouldn't be so excited about shiai--shinsa is what I should be working toward, but it's really all that's been on my mind these days, not my screaming kids and the halloween hijinx of the way that I'm rushing through the very textbook I've worked so hard to write. I really do need to get into better general fitness, though--even Wifey has been training secretly for a 5k run, which makes me wonder what my time would be--surely not even close to my PR, though I wonder how well all of this subsequent practice would be for my long-term endurance. It's hard to imagine a 20-minute bout--even the longest enchos I've seen (frankly a little boring when so tiny on the screen, though much more captivating in real life) are no more than 10 minutes--and I can't imagine going even five.

Hopefully I'll become more interested in work than I am now--I'm a little disaffected.