daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

So having slept for but a few last night, I am dead-tired now, having taught another terrible Tuesday, amid a stock rally, mounting future tax bills, and no kendo practice (or even suburi energy), I should just take out my contacts, snuggle with Wifey and pass out.

I blame Wifey. We were up late last night, me out of jitters, and Wifey out of his commitment to avoiding daylight, or something, not that there was too much of that to go around today, though my students braved the weather and somehow made it, early even, on a day when they are normally late. But the point is we were up last night reading the early posts of his blog, back when he was inaccessible, and I combed those words for clues and hints and vague allusions. Not that the current reality is less desirable, but it was good to revisit those younger days...