daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, September 18, 2003

So I am at the spiffy new library and typing away at a spiffy new computer that kicks my computer's ass. I don't trust white people.

It's been a good day. The troublesome block I usually have was unusually well-behaved today, and we got a good deal of work done that I was hoping we would, and the groups are forming better and workng together more happily.

I am not a fan of older Indian pedants. They speak, but have no real competence themselves. It's a strange thing, as I feel as if older Chinamen tend less to be like this. I think it's the residue of direct Anglo-imperialism, as certainly all the accents hae been that way, as well as the vague arrogance. I don't know why I am remember this from yesterday, though I suppose it in general is the repeated encounters with old mathmen who are not that expert and somehow are still deeply didactic.

I am tired and ready for some dynamic logic. That should be fun. Or just tiring. I'm sorta glad that now that I have a cellphone I can nap in the library and wake when I please, thanks to good vibrations. Jeez... I really am tired.