daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, September 16, 2003

So this is what is said about my writing by a peer reader....

My feedback would be that your writing is a little hard on the reader. That your sentences are a bit gluttoral and cluttered. All these words and the length of the sentences seem to obscure instead of clarify what you are saying. I would say, go back to Mr. D----'s advice, cut those sentences in half!! And the infinately good remark from one educator to another: you have great potential, don't give up!

Ummm, should I have a footnote explaining the imitative fallacy? But how it sometimes can be used to good effect? I should include the essay...

Why don't people realize that long sentences have their uses too?