daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, September 29, 2003

So I feel like an idiot for lingering too long at work and thus missing a FedEx delivery, this on the day that I am actually allowed to go home earlier than most days, without a detour to college in the middle of Flatbush. Perhaps tomorrow I will swing by back here to pick up my stuff before heading back out to college, though that would probably make me late, or something. And would mean that I would have to have the work done tonight. Still, it's worth it, for the cellphone, I guess. Sigh... Stupid kids.

My old college mag contact Crody tells me that my old poem "Coming Out of Ambiguity" is now being read by compers (those trying to get on the magazine). This makes me feel intensely curious as to how it is received, and simultaneously very old, for being read in such a way.

Today was a rough day, and now no cell to comfort me, unless I go all the way out to Maspeth. Sigh. Times like this, I would love being able to drive: it would take but 8 minutes, they say.