daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, September 28, 2003

So I have been making a habit of needing strange things by the time that stores close on Sunday: today it was a squeegee in Midtown. No dice. I would need to go to Home Depot to have any luck at all. Went over to Joephet's last night and found myself cooking sesame-encrusted tuna balls at three in the morning. Apparently Joephet had actually watched The Life of David Gale, a movie which was the bane of my preview-viewing existence with Alric a year ago. The premise: a white man on death row. Hrmm... Korean buffet was throughly satisfying, though I crave some raw seaweed salad right about now. Then some frustrated shopping before perky Euge (Rob Chin's sister) and characteristically brusque Alric, whose claims of having "wandered into" Sephora to pick up the same face wash that Joephet has I find far from plausible. Home again for laundry and dinner, and to buy some face-scrub of my own. Apricot! I have had a weekend almost entirely apart from thinking about school. This is not a bad thing.