daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

So I have not been as good a little blogger as I ought. I have also somehow only spent $2 today so far on diet soda. Then again, it is rather late--almost 10, and I am still in the middle of Flatbush, finally finishing up progress reports I will print out through the express printer, as the main network is down, sadly.

Been reading Joephet's blog. Sigh. I suppose I have my Keans and he has his Peter. Hrmm... No pun. Sigh. It's been a long, hectic day, though my 10th graders are quite sharp and one of them at least is doing higher-level reasoning in the mode that i was trained in at his age and height. The history class next door was doing stereotypes, and apparently most fags are bottoms. Or so the stereotype goes. We apparently like the pole, not the hole. And so on. I wish I remembered more--I guess I can go look them up myself.

It's nice having this new spiffy cellphone. I haven't really used it yet, except for a whispered call to Joephet. Hrmm... I guess it's definitely after nine now, though most of the tension is past, as I am in the flow of things, and it's really not much later than I used to stay over the summer, and it will be pretty quickly to bed afterwards, anyway. I miss Joephet.

I have been living very much in the moment of late. I have been wondering what the weekend will bring, and am leaning toward a Boston trip. I have been wondering what Rob Chin will do with his life. I hope that bugger turns out aight.