daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, November 17, 2003

So I am finishing up some progress reports, the ones I've been dreading, though I've tabled the tenth grade ones for much later, as it's just too much for right now, for one evening. I really need to be better about grading and record keeping, somehow. I need to have some sort of better system for all this, somehow. It'll come to me, I'm sure.

Other than that, it's been an all right weekend, with some quality time with Joephet, though a scaled-back time-spending schedule, for now, at least, as we both try to figure some things out. Him, blood-antigone-kinship-language-authority, and me just plain old persistent human suffering in the face of plenty. Something like that, anyway, finding that while my math knowledge is rusty, my skills are still adequate, in their own way.

I have a hellish amount of writing to do for my writing class, though, and so many other little tasks left. I am, however, in essentially the home stretch--November is still a terrible in time to be in love, to start new things, to improve your mile-time. But it's good for some things at least. It's just a matter of figuring those things out...