daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, November 30, 2003

So I know I'm a little late with this, but here we go again:

Asianboi Roundup

(Alphabetic by pseudonym)

Alric is Alric. Recently published, he remains in the same way as before, fundamentally. I have little real news to report.

Joephet is squirmy. It's hard to know where we stand relative to each other, what with all the sidestepping. He's settled into his school groove, and is discontent in his usual way.

Kean is coming. Well, to what, I don't know. The city, sure, but what else? I wonder what he'll make of this sordid mess, full of signs that are difficult to read, even after a few years of attention.

Kenneth is mired. Well, he's getting in deeper, digging in to what he's up to, I guess, though it's hard to tell, and it's perhaps without much relish.

Lostin is morose. Classes and work march on, and I wonder if there is anything to break the monotony, as I survey my own.

Rob Chin is looking. A job or grad school sounds like a choice between Scylla or Charybdis, though I suppose in this case, it's a matter of what sucks more... Of course, I chose both...

I am flabby. I am going back to work.