daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, November 23, 2003

So the film students prowling the neighborhood and shooting their bujii little white epics--they're majority white, somehow, with the occasional Asian, I suppose--are at least cute and nice for eye-candy, though I'm sure there's some trespass law about them putting their equipment on my porch, though I guess it's not really my porch, quite. I have an entire Marxist rant against film as being class-biased, fundamentally. Well, that's not quite true... I do remember some amusing student videos produced at school last year.

Predictably, my Chinese-restaurant reading today was Fanon and Said. Sigh. I am such a boring anti-colonial leftist. Hrmmm... The earlier shopping expedition into Manhattan with Joephet failed as I failed to bring my bankcard, and so we were limited to frog legs at a Vietnamese restaurant, yet another chewy reminder of imperialism, as I speculated as to whether the mythical subservience of the Thai boi is actually a need to be imperialized, as ol' Siam was never completely under foreign domination in quite the same way as their neighbors. They made a musical about it, for chrissake.

Thankfully, I managed to go for a run and some lifting today, both long overdue. I am beginning to get doughy in patches.