daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, November 22, 2003

So the bed is here, and I am blogging from a different location, this time without a windowview to the outside world. Which is its sort of tragedy, I must suppose. Joephet is coming over for lunch. I am deciding whether or not to go Bessie-ward for this evening. It is quite unclear what I ought to do. I am myself starving, with only a minor sense of accomplishment at the new changes to the room, which make the whole place look a lot more open, even if the room is still cluttered with the trash of many exhausting days at school. And of course I'm still forestalling the mattress thing. Thank you, Martha Stewart. Hrmm.. No bujii impulses yet, but maybe it just needs to sink in.

I have been reading impatiently, mostly some Fanon I started on back in college and now have at last picked up, with a more Asian view of things. It's sad how much better and more hopeful things are in other countries, somehow, in terms of democracy and the working class.