daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, November 23, 2003

So I just off the phone with my moms. Yeah, it's hard explaining leftist assaults against the neoliberal Clinton era in Chinese, but it's valuable, if only as a reminder of how difficult it might be to articulate your own well-vetted ideas in a foreign idiom. Well, apparently I have full parental funding for any doctoral program I will pursue. Sigh. It's a tough world, and it's hard to articulate why I'm not electable: as if the Asianness and the height were not enough, there's also the faggery. Fuck.

In better news, I finally beat Marvel v. Capcom today at the local pizzeria, and with the new team I have of Venom and the Hulk. It was a tight match, as Onslaught, while reputedly easy, is a tough nut to crack in some ways if your energy isn't up. But I don't suppose that means I'll necessarily stop...