daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

So I'm returning from dinner with Rob Chin, reading the Ryan White Story with a critical eye, and snag a seat, when a whining fight begins next to me between some het-bujii couple. I guess I haven't witness all that many fights, but this is pretty serious, with the typical guy-quiet-rage-hostility, the girl-crying-snatching-whining, and all that. It's pretty hostile, pretty uncomfortable, and I can't help but think how young these kids are, though they no doubt have got years on me. This goes on for some time, the girl demanding that the guy (rather cute) sit down next to her that they might talk, in the seat I have given up in the furtherance of het-bujiiness.

In any case, eventually, in comes an Asian guy, clad in camo-gear (as if he doesn't realize that being white would be better camo), be-earringed, probably a pussy bottom boi by the looks of things, and smiling, proclaiming "cheers" when I move aside to let him take the hot seat. He asks repeatedly if the girl, at this point crying and withdrawn, is all right, and eventually gives up. After the bickering couple exit, I hear him, seated behind me now, say out loud, to no one in particular, "I hope you don't hit her." No further comment necessary. Sigh.