daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, November 20, 2003

So today was terrible in all the predictable ways--chaos descending, admins still short of being adequate, unable even to police teachers much less students. It's a bit of a drag, and I found math class just now refreshing, though now that it's drawing to an end, I wonder what the point of all it was, as interesting as it might have all been at the time. Now I just have one more day, though I suppose I will have to actually write lesson plans as demanded by an administration somehow hamstrung between creative/authetic assessments/projects and compensating for student immaturity by mechanical modeling . And I missed out on my usual Thursday ribs. Dangit. To say nothing of Joephet being unavailable tonight. Well, more so than usual. Ha. But no, nothing miffs me right now--I've found a strange calm in it all. And I look forward to tomorrow and the weekend to follow, hoping to make it up to see Bessie despite my earlier Saturday commitment. I can feel Thanksgiving. And I just bought a boatload of books from the library, including the mainstream economics I ought to know if I am to be a leftist contrarian. I hate days so busy at school you can't even check all the usual blogs.

Ah, well. Home-ward, with a pitstop for some Marvel v. Capcom at the pizzeria by the subway, and then lesson plans and yet more blogging!