daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

So I couldn't blog last night as Joephet was over, eating my rice and using my Ethernet cable (I should really swap the one at home for the longer one at school), but I have no complaints about that at all. I slept remarkably well for being crammed into the corner on my too-thin mattress pad. IT was a hectic yesterday, actually, in my quest to prepare dinner and dodge the writing I am now tapping out at the college computer lab, as my coursework for the semester finally winds down. I've grown tired of the writing--the professor is too coarse and insensitive [insert anti-Zionist remark], the classmates generally too lazy and judgmental, and the time of day a low-point for me. But at least I get to hang out with Rob Chin and sister afterwards in Manhattan.

Not much to report today, except some kid threw a chair out the window today. We had two teachers out, and so things were of course a little crazy. Something has to be done. I feel as if this would be be like the burning of the Reichstag, except for one thing. I don't think anyone in my school fucking would know what I was talking about when I just said that. So much more allusiveness. Here's to elusiveness.