daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

So I'm posting now from Joephet's with an amped up wireless feed. Plan is to go see Lex and bro this weekend, and to make it back in time to maybe hang with Kenneth as well as Miss Fegs before drafting a new uniform discipline code and bracing myself for three straight weeks of teaching before the vacation to end all. I have few memories of a year ago, except that I'd managed to turn a corner and was very much on the hunt for sex. Or something like that--that's how it seems at least, that I went boy-crazy around this time last year.

Little more to report beyond a failed shopping expedition with Joephet, as the combined force of my cheapo upbringing and my newfound Marxist rationalizations have made it difficult for me to commit to any purchases, even if they are avowedly good deals. And I don't think I look like that much of a slob. Brand-names I just resent. And I'm cheaper when I know how miserably earned each of those dollars was. Sigh.

Ah, well. I am relaxed: I have gotten very good at distancing myself from school, and this too has helped greatly this year.