daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, January 04, 2004

So I been tracking down various proofs of identity so that I can get a new New York State non-Driver ID, so that I can get a new bank ATM card, so that I can get money again. I need six points of identity, so I picture myself rolling into the Harlem office tomorrow with a gaggle of students in tow... Ah, well.. At least that's taken care of by my periodic cleansings of my wallet, though much is still gone.

I've wasted another day, sleeping fitfully after passing out last night. I dreamt of many things, including berating an old college math professor about the futility of the profession, and something else suitably angsty. That and more comics reading, but little preparation for tomorrow, as that's another world, and I need to say goodbye to this one. It's difficult, thinking about where I was a year ago--I'm really not all that sure where I was mentally, though I think I was much more horndog than I am this year: I'm much happier now on that count, and consequently more focused on my other duties and such. This just hasn't been a good break for getting my bearings as a teacher, or as an artist, or as a leftist, or as anything other than with Joephet. And so it's been well-spent.