daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

So I've packed in a nap of about two hours upon coming home, and could use some more. But these naps are dangerous, as they usually mean that I don't get to work out as much as I should. Still, it feels damned good, though I'm still getting used to napping with the TV on. I'm tired because I was up so late last night, devouring Joephet's excellent adobo and garlic rice. Sadly enough, I will soon begin scaling back at the boricua place. It's the only way to make headway on this gut.

Today I survived a surprise observation with a satisfactory rating and no real stress or anything like that. A little annoying, but I'm taking most things in stride. Ah, well. It's off to Joephet's again--losing out on cash has been all right, as it's meant more dinners at home.