daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, January 05, 2004

So I've lost one thing to regain another--blogger lost yet another post, but my wallet resurfaced in my mailbox, via the mail, today, after I already spent an hour and $8 getting a replacement ID, with replacements on the way for most everything as well. Everything important is there, except for the cash, though not the emergency $20 (which is old-school Jackson), and I am grateful, even if it was lifted from me--I don't quite care.

I'm just back from school, and it was familiar enough--all the same old faces, all the same old beefs, and inadequacies, both on my part and the students; and that's what home is, though everything feels a little fresher, from the new-waxed floors to the newly-installed "rotisserie" lights, which in their odd fluorescence lends everything a jaundiced tint. Well, everything but me.