daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, February 29, 2004

So the past few days have been not so remarkable, as I've finished all my work and have been in the clear, though on Wednesday night my glasses, faithful companion for the past four years, and a present from my friends then, finally broke, as I was smacked by closing subway doors. They're patched now, with scotch tape on both sides where hinges once swung and on the one side to hold the lens in a twisty tie from a loaf of bread with knotted yarn on the other. So this has to last me another week or more until I can get a certificate from the UFT.

Other than that, there was little or note, beyond the unfortunate miscommunciation that left me standing outside Joephet's apartment at two thirty in the morning unable to reach him either through cellphone or buzzer, and forced at last to go home around three in the morning on a schoolnight. So I was rather enraged, and apparently Joephet actually feared my wrath, if only for a while.

Beyond that, there's been little of note these past few days beyond coasting at work and worrying about whether I will actually be allowed to graduate in May, given that I may have missed a deadline for applying for graduation--another bureaucratic fart I hardly need. Dinner last night involved an armchair analysis of the gayness and unattractiveness of Filipino men by a white who's marrying a Filipina. Apparently, the poverty of that particular archipelago is a fucking mystery of science, and not the doing of three colonial overlords in the span of a century and newfound political subservience to overarching American neo-imperialism.

Dinner with Kenneth tonight was overdue, and he seems to have taken his newfound singleness rather well, and we decided that I'm at a higher stage of moral development: caring-about-black-people. We've not come up with a comprehensive ranking schema, though.

A more comprehensive Asianboi roundup will follow...