daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, February 15, 2004

So I've not blogged in days, and now I'm off on vacation, even though the road to here was bumpier than I had thought it would be. Last night was quite satisfactory, despite my needless frustration at Joephet's continued tardiness, and embarassingly not being asked to make any decisions at dinner, only because Joephet picked out the wine. We were taking bets as to who would get the flower at the end of the meal--our dykey waitress took the diplomatic way out and gave us one each.

It's now much more interesting, though, to consider what I will do next, with this week off, and slightly better prospects for a successful resolution of the Neill situation. I think it's time for an East Coast college bustrip--to see all the old friends before they disperse, which is rather soon, I think, as we're all getting old. That and more physical fitness--it'll be good to get back into a weight-training routine.

I finally bought my first pairs of jeans yesterday, with Joephet. Other than that little news, though I'm disturbingly hand-to-mouth these days when it comes to money. But that's just for a short while.