daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, February 19, 2004

So I've been headachey and sniffly these past few days, which is in part why I've not been blogging--break has also meant, in its deterioration of routine, that I have settled into a massive crusty rut--I'm never productive without deadlines, and right now thinking about school, I do not look forward to any of it, not one bit--indeed, last night's dream was that my classes were shuffled around, which would have been great.

Little else to report, as I've not been doing much, with novels finished, no comics bought in weeks, Lostin on the way to visit later tonight, no real progress to report in my videogames. I guess I did try at last the Hunan fish at the Chinese place across the tracks from Joephet, and it was tasty, and I did go solo today to see The Butterfly Effect, and wished I was taking notes as a structuralist reading of it might well be fruitful. But I'm a bit too groggy to tend to that for now. I will just say that you oughtn't trust any movie which quotes "Chaos Theory" as its epigraph.