daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, February 23, 2004

So it seems that the only reliable times these days I have for blogging are when I'm dedicated to the internet and other typery at college. It's been a first day back after a week, and even though the semester is only in the beginning of the third week, I can feel a routine having crystallized. Maybe I'm just getting older. The problems and issues are just as I left them, though many kids claimed to have been bored while at home. Still, when I look at some students, who still haven't learned that my name is in fact not "Mr Shit," and who have accumulated zero credits in their third year of the ninth grade, and wonder what I can really do in my position. The triage rolls on.

It's sad to note that the last-minute mode is still the only one I have when it comes to writing papers--with a week off in which to work, it is now, with my time on this computer running out that I am polishing off my paper. And it's only two pages. It's been a long time since I've actually written a response paper of this sort. I suppose I don't really mind the lapse.