daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, February 29, 2004

So today was remarkably warm and bright outside, so I managed to finally go for a run, after who knows how many weeks. Other than that, today has been the usual weekend mess of sleeping in, reading books (I've decided I hafta now know far more about economics), and today defeating Wu and Shu in the name of the Wei Kingdom, which is droll because evidently this is what they also play in the O.C., though they misplace the context as a battle between samurai and ninja. Which is a typical whitey sort of mistake. So what looked to be just another day was interrupted, not only with the old roomie Jon, but also a call from Skaren Hargey, who insisted that I attend Alric's Oscar event, our current not-speaking-to-each-other notwithstanding. And so it's off there for me, though the current service changes on the N/W mean that I will hafta take the M60, likely with most of my stuff in tow.

This is the sort of week where the lack of immediate due dates will mean that I coast, though I suppose there is that statistics exam to be studied for. The Asianboi roundup will come later, after I have a chance to catch up with Alric. Everyone else is doing rather shittily.