daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

So I think they stole my bookbag. At least, I don't have it anymore, and it was on the train with me. Luckily, I doubt that there is much now gone from it that I truly needed--just a few notebooks, a few issues of the Nation giving some things that John Kerry's doing right (must be short news weeks), and a Schaum's outline. So it's still damn dumb, and annoying, and very much New York, but the only item of value I had in my hand, a library book. Still, it's a loss, but the art of losing isn't hard to master.

Now I just have to type up quizzes and bear the fumblings toward the meanings of Marxism of the duo at the computer next to me--it's really hard not to interject when the bourgeoisie are mistaken for the capitalists.