daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

So I am without homebound ambition. All my good work happens elsewhere these days, whether on the train reading obsessively, or just doing integrals, as if for the first time ever, or at school and plucking the most out of every prep period. I feel very much off balance these days and have been losing my temper, or what passes for it these days. It's just that I feel as my kids should know better by now, about the little things. Or maybe my dissatifaction is just at the warmer weather and the fact that our heaters are still going pretty much full-blast. So it's a different season disaffective disorder. Which is still better than perennial ineffective disorder.