daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, June 20, 2005

So it's been a while, and I've been up to no good, after my near-all nighter, though I'm still doing a lot better than the help--maybe it's just the influence of Rob Chin and Wifey dining together with me, but we've had far too much spillage, first a bunch of pancit palabok and then an entire two racks of ribs, by near-competent and not-so-apologetic help.

Yesterday's tournament was more than a little disappointing, not only because I kept on getting my men scored on, but more so because I couldn't score anything except for a kote and lots of hansoku on over-runny opponents. That and there was more hikiwaza being given away than at end-of-season clearance sale. Speaking of which, Wifey's anniversary present, which was supposed to be two shirts from hated A&F, turned out to be two women's shirts. They're pretty, but unsuitable.

Meanwhile, my internship is to begin the day after school ends. My kids, at least, all passed their math exam, for once. Either I'm getting better at this, or the test is much easier. How's that for being a sucker for punishment?