daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, November 18, 2003

So seeing's how I'm being observed tomorrow, I'm halfheartedly now wiping off the good china. Today was a little rough toward the end, as our students were confronted with their widespread failure. That's always just rough.

I find Asian crowing over representation dumb. The Indian version, for instance. It's not as if we're suddenly dateable.

I get the evening off tomorrow, which will be blissful. I am much looking forward to January already, even if I have no idea what I should be registering for for the spring.

I have been tearing through old comics like there's no tomorrow. I need to get some more, organize what I have, and just clean up this apartment generally. The last main thing I have to worry about, though, is just this observation--and then it should be relatively smooth sailing on until Thanksgiving. It's just that I'm tired, just not physically. One can only take so much abuse.