daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

So I managed to show up somehow an hour early for my class, something that surely will never happen again. So I have been wandering campus and bored, as I am half-assing it as far as the teaching goes this week, though surely there are all sorts of surprisingly successful things I'm doing in class as far as paperwork and forms go. Beyond that, there's nothing to really report other than train nappings, and a Jehovah's witness who was praising Jesus on the 5 train for keeping her house from burning down for the six days she'd gone to Vegas to visit her family, even though she'd left the stove on for some tea. I'd be more impressed if Jesus could keep us all from snickering.