daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, February 09, 2004

So I always forget about grad school classes, how soft they are, how nontextual and philosophically unrigorous, even when the text has substantial content in that direction. So it's all a bunch of -isms and other presuppositions which are inconsistent, or otherwise just not grounded or well-informed. I can't believe people think that de facto segregation is the result of elective coincidence.

I'm exciting about the math, though, and perhaps a little overambitious on that count. This entire semester has been a smooth ride, with one exception. There's so little else to say, I suppose. That's where things are at.

I was also realizing--and this is too obvious to be interesting--I no longer doodle and scribble because I'm happy. Or something close to it. Or not as under siege as I've been in the past. Or maybe I'm just soft now.