daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, February 08, 2004

So it's been a lazy coupla days, as Joephet's been off shopping for a suit and sighting famous internet personalities. I've just been at home, watching old six feet under and playing video games, generally just avoiding any real work for school. It's a beautiful thing, though, this new semester, so far--the first week is always the longest, the second made short especially so in this case as there's a vacation coming. Sadly, short of dropping in on Skaren Hargey, I have no idea what to do with myself, the more so because nothing can prepare you for that Long March. Still, it's nice to know what the routine will be.

Sadly, it's also a matter of a roommate search, as Neill still has not come through, much to my annoyance and avoidance. So that's just another aggravation in this next week. Ah, well. At the least, I've been enjoying my reading--Sanguo in translation, John le Carre, and the like. I've also finally found the old notebook again, and have at least been itching, even if I have yet to really crack it open and go at it. It's troubling, though, how the videogame thing has replaced my former comic book habit--it's been half a month since I've gone, which, granted, is only two cycles, but is longer than ever before, just maybe.