daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, February 07, 2004

So there's been quite a gap, but I've finally settled all the issues surrounding my registration this term, after quite some running. It looks like the thesis course will be challenging but worthwhile: everything else I can skip or pretty much fudge, though I wonder how wise it was assigning Sen as a first theoretical reading at a CUNY school. That the graduate center isn't up to snuff--it's just that the satellites are a little wobbly.

And here is a belated....

Asianboi roundup

Alric is getting away. I should really call him. I dreamt of him recently. It's strange, how quickly all that disappears. I wonder how much Rob Chin would learn from him.

Joephet is getting his iBook fixed. He's settled into a new routine, and is adjusting his friendgroups at the law school.

Kean is getting back. It seems as if his trip has done well by him, but I also haven't heard from him in ages. My homecoming is still some time off.

Kenneth is getting touched. Well, mostly by Joephet, on his firmer-than-Drew's pec. I don't know where he's going in his relationship or anything, but I think he's not wracked with the same doubts I was in college.

Lostin is getting some. Well, something like that. Rather, it goes to show that there really is a culture of sexual oppression here in this country.

Rob Chin is getting paid. He is not getting excited, though, which I find odd, as it's a great opportunity. And even the Marxist in me approves of his evil corporate job.

Thai is getting around. He's a real heartbreaker, disappointing all sorts of other ugly Asianbois with his prudery and at the same time whatever else he has. He actually reminds me of Edward, with a lobotomy. But that's just the build and the bad haircut.