daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, June 25, 2005

So two CLEP tests on Western civilization later, I feel kind of cheap and used, especially since the questions are so repetitive and the going-back feature is so helpful that I'm not sure if I'm being scammed or the DOE. It's all common sense, this European History business, you just need to know that George Sand was a woman, not a man, and you'll do just fine, and how could you not know that?

It's been an odd week of portfolio presentations, which means that I repeatedly have encountered the massive ignorance of our graduating seniors: for the record, "I like ice cream" is not a simile, King Abdullah is not an expert on democracy, the diagonals of a trapezoid do not bisect each other (not even in an isosceles trapezoid), and calcium carbonate does not dissolve in water to give calcium, carbon, and oxygen ions.

Students are coming back for a couple days, and then I will start my schlepping to Flushing, but perhaps I can swing a visit to the bro and the old Pegasus, before its' too late.